Childlike Faith!

We have all heard we need to have childlike faith! This theory is explained in Mark 10:13-31Mark 10:13-31
English: World English Bible - WEB

13They were bringing to him little children, that he should touch them, but the disciples rebuked those who were bringing them. 14But when Jesus saw it, he was moved with indignation, and said to them, Allow the little children to come to me! Don't forbid them, for the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15Most assuredly I tell you, whoever will not receive the Kingdom of God like a little child, he will in no way enter into it. 16He took them in his arms, and blessed them, laying his hands on them. 17As he was going out into the way, one ran to him, knelt before him, and asked him, Good Teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? 18Jesus said to him, Why do you call me good? No one is good except one God. 19You know the commandments: Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not give false testimony, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother. 20He said to him, Teacher, I have observed all these things from my youth. 21Jesus looking at him loved him, and said to him, One thing you lack. Go, sell whatever you have, and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me, taking up the cross. 22But his face fell at that saying, and he went away sorrowful, for he was one who had great possessions. 23Jesus looked around, and said to his disciples, How difficult it is for those who have riches to enter into the Kingdom of God! 24The disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus answered again, Children, how hard is it for those who trust in riches to enter into the Kingdom of God! 25It is easier for a camel to go through a or, the needle's eye than for a rich man to enter into the Kingdom of God. 26They were exceedingly astonished, saying to him, Then who can be saved? 27Jesus, looking at them, said, With men it is impossible, but not with God, for all things are possible with God. 28Peter began to tell him, Behold, we have left all, and have followed you. 29Jesus said, Most assuredly I tell you, there is no one who has left house, or brothers, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or land, for my sake, and for the Gospel's sake, 30but he will receive one hundred times more now in this time, houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and land, with persecutions; and in the age to come eternal life. 31But many who are first will be last; and the last first.

where Jesus explains we need to receive the Kingdom like a child or we will never enter it. Childlike faith is hard to have as an adult. We have been hurt by many things. We have done and seen things that work against childlike faith. A week ago while praying for our dinner, Haylee out of the blue prayed that daddy would get a job. The very next morning I got a call for a job I really wanted. I didn’t get the job but it was Haylee’s childlike faith that if she asks God for something, he will provide. When I told her I didn’t get the job, her faith kicked in again and said well you will get a job tomorrow. I wish I could have her faith. My goal for her and Sarah is to learn about God from them! They are on their way!

No comments: