Fireproof Your Marriage

Yes I am talking about the movie Fireproof with Kirk Cameron. Here is the trailer from the movie...






You might be wondering why I am writing about marriage on a parenting tip blog. This is a fair thing to wonder. My thought is a solid marriage is a parenting tip as well. Children know if you are constantly fighting. It creates a very intense way of living. Older children will start acting out to get you to stop fighting. The one thing they do not want to see is their parents getting a divorce.

Shannon and I have a great marriage. I am not saying we have a perfect marriage. I do not think anyone can have a perfect marriage. We realize this marriage was from God. When we got married, we signed a marriage covenant acknowledging our marriage is from God. We have gone to marriage courses and weekends away because we realize a good marriage needs to be worked on.

Fireproof is about a couple whose marriage is all but done. I recommend this movie to couples who might be considering a divorce but I also recommend this movie for any married couple. This movie teaches us that 40 days can change even the most destructive marriages. If there are children involved, you owe it to them to at least see the movie before calling it quits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My husband and I loved this movie- there are certainly not many movies out there with the message of staying together and working it out- it's always about infidelity instead.

I am enjoying checking out your blog and wondered if you would be interested in doing a guest post on ours- contact me if you might be interested or would like more information - joetwelves(at)keeperpress.com

Hope to hear from you soon.